Caitlin's Blog











{February 12, 2010}   *Project #1*

          While shooting photos for our first project in Digital Media Convergence, I encountered several problems, but I was able to overcome these and I believe I ended up with some pictures that I’m very proud of.

          One of the main problems that came up while shooting for this project was the weather. I first rented a camera on Tuesday morning, but shortly after I started taking pictures, it started raining, and I had to return the camera. I decided to try again on Thursday morning, and thankfully, the weather was decent enough to work with.

          The next issue that presented itself was the issue of lighting. When taking pictures on Thursday, the sun was shining, and many of my earlier photos had some exposure problems. It was hard to judge which settings I should use on the camera in such a small amount of time, so I had to adjust for that. Some of my pictures were too light, and some were too dark, but the majority of them came out well. While the lighting being too bright was the problem most of the time I was shooting, in some instances, I also had a problem with the lighting being too dark. One of the shots that I really liked was too dark no matter what I changed the settings too, but in the end, the photo came out really well, and the darkness worked for it.

          Another major problem for me while shooting was that I didn’t feel comfortable asking people that I didn’t know to pose for me, so most of my shots ended up being from a distance. While this didn’t give me much variety in my photos, I was really happy with it. Because the pictures were taken from afar, I got a good amount of landscape in all of the shots, and landscapes are my favorite subjects to shoot.

          All in all, I was extremely happy with the photos that I took for this first project. I look forward to learning more about good photography and to improving in the future.

Advertisements


et cetera